Thursday, November 8, 2007

tired...not rested...should i go to china?

sleepy but feeling better.

chiropractic visit this after-school evening which was very nice. we got to chat, which happens less as her business grows. i think i may be close to better soon.

so tired. but i swore i would write this every day so am awake for a little while with a purpose. oddly, i haven't told a soul about it yet. that's funny. who am i writing to?

Issue of the week: My cousin and his wife are currently living in china and i was thinking about going to visit next summer (joy of being a teacher = summer off)

Dad of course suggests that if i go i should come back by another route, thus going around the world.

would that be crazy?
it sounds so cool and exciting and freakin' fantastic
and like a huge mega-ton of planning
and kinda lonely
and oh my word the cost will be outrageous, (incredible, unbelievable....)
i am a very social loner, or a very independent social butterfly. i don't know if i'd be happy traveling alone for an entire summer. you can't very well travel with your new friends if you have to stay on your air itinerary the whole time.

i think i could save up enough for it.

i wonder if i should go? i have quite a few concerns. Every whatif ever whatifed has been singing in my ear. i mustdo a lot of research before making this decision.

By the way, i spent a semester abroad (spain), traveled to france (twice), england (once), drove cross the us (continental) alone, drove to alaska with a friend, only have 13 states left to visit before i'll have visited them all. so although this trip is an intimidating venture, that's not exactly the source of my ambivalence. It is harder to picture running off for fun like I used to, due to more formal obligations. I do think most of those are surmountable though. Perhaps the shear distance is causing me to worry this time.

someone once said that they were saving a particular trip for when they got married. well i used to save things for when i got married and then one day i realized i was sitting on my butt and my life was passing me by. i think though that this is one thing I could save to do with a partner. it seems a bit too much to take on on my own at this time. (stop making me feel like a loser, i've done a lot, haven't i?)

No comments: