Thursday, February 7, 2008

a fulbrighter in kenya touches my heart

so i've been reading this woman's blog for about 6 months now and she's just an incredible person doing what she can even when she knows it will never be enough. When I come home feeling tired and sad that I don't do enough, she reminds me that we must do what we can - not everything. If each of us just do that, it actually could be enough. And not to get discouraged when looking at the big picture.

She's got such a long story I can't possible relay it all to you - the summary is that she's been working with HIV+ kids in Kenya. There is an enormous problem there with the + children - some of this problem stems from the fact that everyone thought they'd die and they are living longer. Her most recent "project" is to bring 4 of the children from the camp where she spent the last year to America for a visit. She explains better than I ever could here.

If you know any wonderful, wealthy benefactor - or some one who has an extra 10 dollars, this is a project that will help 4 kids have a fun time in the short time they have on this planet. It's a chance to do something nice so I thought I'd share it with you (the 1 person who reads this I mean ;-)

1 comment:

YogaMomEve said...

Now that I know you're blogging, I'll read it. At least from time to time. :)